Looking to detox? Try some activated charcoal!
I know, ANOTHER thing you have to add to your beauty routine!? But before you shush me, listen up. The Konjac Sponge Co. Charcoal sponge is no joke, and worth adding to your skincare stash. Made from the root of the konjac plant, this sponge is used to help you dislodge, dirt, oil, and blackheads-basically, a natural, older version of our BFF, the Clarisonic. But they’ve been around for 1,500 YEARS. No, not a typo. 1,500 years.
And while Konjac sponges may look like any other poof you’d find at the drugstore, the Charcoal Konjac Sponge Co. certainly is not your run-of-the-mill sponge. This little gem is packed with mineral rich activated carbon which deep cleans skin pores to eliminate blackheads and dirt whilst absorbing excess oils and toxins. A natural antioxidant, it kills stubborn acne-causing bacteria and is an effective natural treatment for acne sufferers. The perfect detox program for your face!
When dry, the sponge is rock hard; moisten it, and it gets all squishy and pillowy soft. While other sponges just lift dirt and debris, the root that the konjac sponge is made from is able to naturally deep clean skin by absorbing the gunk. This means that you can skip the squeeze of face wash altogether if you want. Holler! But like any other facial sponge, this should be replaced after no more than three months.
Here are some of the benefits:
• Ideal for oily, teen and blemish prone skin
• PH balanced
• Gently Exfoliates
• Deeply Cleanses
• Refines Pores
• Cleanses and Exfoliates the Delicate Eye Area
• Removes Water Based Make-Up
• Use With or Without Cleanser
• Leaves Skin Radiant & Rejuvenated
• Suitable for Sensitive Skin
• 100% Natural, Colouring & Additive Free
• Silky Soft When Wet
• Ideal for hormonal skin
How Do I Use the Konjac Sponge? Here are our top tips on what to do with it:
1. Got a hold of the Konjac sponge? Great! Soaking the sponge in warm water will make the sponge’s texture softer. You can soak the sponge with warm until it’s fully expanded – approximately by one and a half times.
2. If you have make-up on, it’s best to remove your make-up using your favourite cleanser with the sponge to make sure your face feels super amazing. Clean your face with the sponge using circular, upward motions. This will give you a lifting effect, deep cleanse and will massage your face at the same time.
3. You can cleanse your face or body either with or without applying a cleanser.
4. Avoid rubbing acne or irritated skin too roughly.
5. After use, wash the facial puff/body sponge under the water. Press gently with two hands for rinsing the facial puff/body sponge out. Please do not wring it.
6. Extra steps are needed when it comes to caring for Konjac sponge in a hot country like the UAE. To avoid harmful bacteria’s, hang the sponge near a well-ventilated area such as bathroom windows.
7. If the sponge surface is becoming cracked, it’s time to replace a new one. Typically you should get 3 months out of your sponge.
8. Time for a new one? Throw the old one in a plant pot. It will gladly feed your plants!
The Konjac Sponge Co. Charcoal sponge is on sale for 60 AED and is available in Holland and Barrett, The Organic Café, Make Up Etc., Basharcare.com, add www.pantry.qa (Qatar) and Whites Pharmacy (Saudi Arabia). Visit www.facebook.com/thekonjacspongecompanymiddleeast to find out more.