Everyone should reduce the intake of :
- Dry Fruits
- Fried items
- Honey and alcoholic beverages
- Pungent, acid and salt tastes
- Ice-cold drinks or food, especially during meals. This will douse your digestive fire and disrupt digestion.
- Carbonated drinks, because they slow down the digestion process.
- Fruits such as strawberry- because of its high acid content and viscous nature.
It is essential to rehydrate your body by consuming up to 3 litres of water daily. Spices such as cardamom and coriander and herbs such as mint and fennel can be included more in daily meals. Medium sweet and biter foods are ideal for this season. Buttermilk, milk with sugar or sweet lassi (diluted yoghurt) fresh fruit juices-preferably watermelon, cucumber, coconut water, mint, organic rose water and cumin water are good to maintain balance of the body.