Hey gorgeous ! We all want to achieve a perfect pout and more important for it to stay long and no smudges. Today I will talk about “Lipstick Queen” . It ain’t anyone’s name but a brand which is all about lipsticks. Also will share some hacks to get that perfect pout that lasts longer.
Recently , I had the pleasure to attend the Lipstick Application masterclass by Celebrity Makeup artist, Sarah Jane in collaboration with “Lipstick Queen”. More so, we got hands on the lipsticks and got to play with them too. Let’s learn more about Lipstick Queen first.
About Lipstick Queen:
Lipstick Queen is a brand dedicated to those obsessed with lipstick and anything to do with lips.
Launched in 2006 in Barneys New York, Lipstick Queen is now selling in high-end beauty shops all over the world, and worn by international celebrities. The brand was created by entrepreneur Poppy King, inspired by her wish to find the ideal matte lipstick. She has an obsession for designing unusual lipsticks infused with all the glamour, the fun, the style and the cheekiness that is inherent in being female.
It was so knowledgeable to learn the tips and tricks to achieve the perfect pout and I am glad that Celebrity make up artist Sarah Jane, who has done makeup for various Hollywood movies, demonstrated the same.
So sharing with you all those beauty hacks….
Smudge No more!
Help your Perfect Pout stay Put
There’s nothing more traumatizing than when your dark lipstick smudges at an event. However, worry no more and learn a few beauty hacks that can help you avoid this makeup mishap in the future:
1. For the perfect lipstick application always start off by exfoliating your lips. You can use a toothbrush to do so, the bristles of the toothbrush act as a soft exfoliator that will help remove the dead skin on your lips gently. (Rodial has a great lip scrub in a pen form, which is very handy to apply and carry in your bag)
2. After exfoliating, prepare your lips by applying a lip balm or a lip conditioner of your choice.
3. Next apply foundation and concealer onto the lips and set it with a compact powder to create a flawless makeup base. This technique also helps to keep the lipstick intact and also even out the undertones.
4. Outline the lips with Lipstick Queen’s Cupid’s Bow Jumbo Pencil (AED125) or a lip liner. Once you have outlined, fill the entire lip area with the same lip pencil. It helps to stay the lipstick put for a long time and helps avoiding bleeding of lipstick too.(Lipstick Queen has a wonderful invisible lip liner which is worth checking out).
5. Apply your lipstick and then dab on some translucent loose powder with a small blending brush. This will help seal the colour and prevent any smudging. YAY.
6. Last but not least, take a clean tissue and fold it in half. Place the tissue between your upper and lower lips and blot the excess. If you want to make your lips look fuller, apply highlighter on the cupids bow and around the mouth.
The Lipstick Queen Jumbo Pencil is packed with pigments that work like a lipstick and lip liner in one. Loaded with hydrating ingredients including Tourmaline, a precious mineral that is sourced from metamorphic rock in Brazil, known for its energizing and radiance boosting qualities. The luxurious formation of these pencils keep your pout in perfect condition, whilst giving lips a velvety drama in eight shades that can be drawn on with one simple stroke. Lips are instantly saturated with rich, plush pigments and offer a dramatic yet moisture-rich satin matte finish. Naughty, nice and playful, with arrow-like precision…just like Cupid himself!
The following 8 shades are available in Cupid’s Bow:
DAPHNE – Hot Pink
DESIRE – Red
GOLDEN ARROW – Blush
APOLLO – Wine
NYMPH – Pink
METAMORPHOSES – Coral
EROS – Pop Pink
Lipstick Queen Cupids Bow Jumbo Pencil is priced at AED 125 and is available in Dubai from Bloomingdales, Harvey Nichols, Areej and Paris Gallery branches in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
Lipstick Queen also has some cool treatment lipsticks that keep your lips moisturised while adding some colour.
The range is Bete Noire (Blackberry), Hello Sailor (Blue) and Frog Prince (Green) . The most famous and the best selling amongst them is the Frog Prince, which surprisingly turns into wonderful light pink after application. They are priced at Dh 140 each.
Visit www.lipstickqueen.com to discover more and keep up-to-date with their latest news on Facebook (www.facebook.com/LipstickQueenMiddleEast), Instagram (@beautysolutionstrading) and Twitter (@abeautysolution).
Lipstick Queen is available in Dubai from Bloomingdales, Harvey Nichols, Areej and Paris Gallery branches in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
Lipstick Queen can also be purchased online with UAE shipping from www.beautysolutions-me.com.
Until next time, stay beautiful and flaunt a sexy pout with amazing lipsticks. Remember, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HAVE BORING LIPS !