Contouring has become a staple technique or creating a flawless face look and I am so glad Max Factor has come up with first ever Max Factor Miracle Contouring Palette. Luckily, I got hands on this and other new launches in the recent Vox Box by Influenster Middle East. Lets review the above products today.
Max Factor Miracle Contouring Palette :
Max Factor Miracle Contouring Palette comes in a spectrum of 8 natural shades to suit every skin tone. Designed by Max Factor make-up artists and Middle East Makeup Artist, Samira Olfat, the contouring palette helps enhance the facial structure depending on each face shape and individual features.
Samira Olfat has used her decade long experience in the makeup world to carefully curate the shades and formula used in the palette, which is designed with a creamy, lightweight and long-lasting formula to ensure ultra-easy blending. “It’s been an exciting and fulfilling experience to create the Miracle Contouring Palette. Max Factor is always striving to inspire and innovate, and this is a step in that direction”, Samira said.
It is important to first identify your face shape to ensure contouring is done using the right technique that compliments individual features and accentuate the areas needed to be highlighted and contoured. There are 6 universal face structures including round, rectangle, heart, oval, diamond and square.
The look is achievable in 3 simple steps: Contour, Lift and Highlight.
- Contour by drawing a number 3 shape around the hairline, underneath cheekbones and jaws.
- Lift by drawing a number 2 shape from the brow bone, across the cheek and out again.
- Highlight with a number 1 shape down the bridge of the nose to sharpen features.
There are 4 shades for Contouring, 2 for highlighting and 2 for Lifting.
You can check the Tutorial of Contouring with Max Factor Miracle Contour Palette over here .
Below are the swatches of Max Factor Miracle Contouring Palette :
My Experience :
- It has got varied shades to suit all skin tones.
- I found some shades of Max Factor Miracle Contouring Palette were a bit difficult to blend with brush. It blends good with Beauty Blender or fingers.
- The Max Factor Miracle Contouring Palette is super pigmented and you can build up more too.
- It is sleek pack and light weight so ideal for travel.
- Good for beginners as well as professionals. Moreover, Step to Step instructions are mentioned on the backside of the pack.
- It is a removable and refillable palette, so big thumbs up. You can refill the shades as soon as they are over and continue using the same palette.
- It is long lasting and stays intact for long if set properly with powder.
To complement the look, is the Miracle Glow Duo Highlighter for an instant highlighted look using a creamy and soft formula. Finally, set the entire makeup with the lightweight and buildable Facefinity Compact powder.
Max Factor Miracle Glow Duo Highlighter :
This has one matte highlighter and one shimmery highlighter to boost the radiance and glow.
- The packaging is simple and is transparent so that we can see the shades.
- It is light weight as well.
- It is creamy and very easy to apply and blend. I would prefer to apply with fingers.
- The matte highlighter is good as a concealer for me as the shade is quite close.
- The glow of the shimmery illuminator is amazing but a bit subtle according to me.
Max Factor FaceFinity Compact Foundation :
The FaceFinity Compact Foundation is in powder texture and is actually supposed to be used to set the makeup but I got this in shade 007 Bronze, which is very dark for my skin and hence used it as a bronzer. It comes with a sponge/applicator. I got it in shade 30 Deep and not really sure if it is really appropriate for my complexion but looked good.
- The packaging is mirror like golden colour which gives a royal look but at the same time don’t like it when my finger marks are on it.
- It is very sleek and light weight. So, it can be slipped in your hand bag and good for travel as well.
- It comes with a big mirror inside which makes it very easy for application or for touch ups on the go.
- It is very light on skin and does not make it dry or cakey.
- The coverage is medium to buildable and the finish is amazing.
- Very Easy to apply with the sponge provided.
- It comes with SPF 15. So that is a good plus point.
- Perma-wear technology makes it long lasting.
Overall Review :
I absolutely love all these products and gives a beautiful sculpted look. All the products are amazing, but my personal favourite is their FaceFinity Flawless Foundation Soft Honey and Max Factor Miracle Contouring Palette. All these products together were wonderful to create a glam and sculpted look.
- Miracle Contouring Palette, AED 138
- Facefinity Compact, AED 75
- Miracle Glow Duo, AED 76
Max Factor is available at Boots pharmacy, Carrefour Supermarket and other supermarkets across UAE and a stand alone kiosk at Burjuman Mall,Dubai opposite Carrefour.
Disclaimer : I got this Max Factor goodies in Influenster box complimentary for review, but my opinions are honest and my own.